The drive shaft is a place neglected by car owners, and […]
The drive shaft is a place neglected by car owners, and they often only know if something goes wrong. For example, the car has a strong resonance, and it makes a "chuckle" sound when it starts or accelerates rapidly. These problems should not be underestimated. If you need to change the drive shaft, it will be gone in the blink of an eye. Therefore, the basic knowledge of drive shafts and universal joints must be mastered, and it is necessary to learn how to maintain the drive shaft of the car.
The drive shaft is composed of a shaft tube, a telescopic sleeve and a universal joint. Its function is to transmit the power of the engine to the wheels together with the gearbox and drive axle, so that the car generates driving force. In some vehicles, the drive shaft is located between the transmission and the wheel, at the lower front of the vehicle, and the position is both front and low. This location must be close to the ground, so mud, sand and sewage will splash on the surface of the drive shaft. Therefore, the sealing and anti-fouling of the drive shaft of this type of vehicle are very important. When the vehicle is running, the wheels will jump up and down, and the inner end is on the transmission, with little jump. In order to balance the power, a constant velocity universal joint is used at both ends of the drive shaft. The tire side uses a ball cage universal joint, and most cars on the differential side use a three-ball pin universal joint.
In order to ensure the normal operation of the drive shaft and prolong its service life, pay attention to:
1. It is strictly forbidden for a car to start at a high gear.
2. Never lift the clutch pedal sharply.
3. It is strictly forbidden to overload and speed vehicles.
4. The working condition of the drive shaft should be checked frequently.
5. Check the tightness of the transmission shaft hanger frequently, whether the supporting rubber is damaged, whether the connecting parts of the transmission shaft are loose, and whether the transmission shaft is deformed.
6. In order to ensure the dynamic balance of the drive shaft, you should always pay attention to whether the balance pads are unsoldered. The new drive shaft assembly is provided as a complete set. When installing the new drive shaft, pay attention to the assembly mark of the telescopic sleeve and ensure that the flange fork is in a plane. When repairing and disassembling the drive shaft, the assembly mark should be printed on the telescopic sleeve and the flange shaft in order to keep the original assembly relationship unchanged during reassembly.
7. Grease should be frequently added to the universal joint cross bearing. In summer, No. 3 lithium grease should be injected, and No. 2 lithium grease in winter.