Gear processing belongs to a relatively detailed operat […]
Gear processing belongs to a relatively detailed operation process. There are many kinds of materials. Different materials have different usage characteristics. They are also suitable for different environments and meet the needs of different industries. What are the commonly used materials for transmission gear processing?
1. Steel: Steel has good toughness and impact resistance. It can improve its mechanical function and increase the hardness of the tooth surface through heat treatment, so it is suitable for making agricultural machinery gearbox gears.
(1) Forged steel. Generally, forged steel is used to make agricultural machinery gearboxes, and carbon steel or alloy steel with a carbon content of 0.15% to 0.6% is commonly used.
(2) Cast steel. Large-scale agricultural machinery gearbox gears are usually made of cast steel, and their blanks should be normalized to eliminate residual stress and uneven hardness.
2. Plastics: Engineering plastics are generally used for high-speed, light-load and low-precision agricultural gearbox gear transmissions, which can significantly reduce noise. Commonly used engineering plastics include nylon and bakelite, etc., which are used to make small gears, while large gears are still made of steel or cast iron.
3. Gray cast iron: The price of gray cast iron is low, and its casting function, anti-friction function, anti-pitting and anti-gluing functions are better, but its bending strength, impact resistance and wear resistance are poor. Gray cast iron gears are often used in occasions with light load, low speed and stable operation. The graphite in gray cast iron has a smooth effect, which is especially suitable for making open transmission gears with poor smooth conditions. Nodular cast iron has a high mechanical function and is often used to replace cast steel under certain circumstances.
These three types are very common materials in gear processing. According to different materials and different structures and precisions of the materials, different processes are required in the processing of gears. Regardless of the material of the gear, the relevant regulations must be strictly followed during the production and processing to ensure the quality to a greater extent.