As we can see, the world is developing more and more qu […]
As we can see, the world is developing more and more quickly. And there are many industries which are also developed rather fast. Among all the different industries, the mechanical components are very commonly used. They are important parts to form machines and equipments.In our daily life, we may come across various mechanical parts. Some of them may be very familiar to us like bearings, valves, etc, while others we may not have a clear idea. But whatever kind of mechanical part it is, we can not ignore its function. Among various categories of mechanical parts, gears are quite popular. They are mechanical items which can serve several purposes.Gears applied in the industries come in diverse weight and sizes.
Gears are very traditional transmission mechanical parts. Through modern processing technology, high-precision gears gradually occupy the market and play a very important role in the field of industrial production. In the transmission system, the role of each gear is huge. If any gear is damaged or malfunctions, the entire transmission system may stop and cannot continue to operate. Therefore, we need to understand the status of each gear. Regarding the question of why the gear is malfunctioning, I will tell you the reason.
1. Tooth surface wear: There is mutual wear between gears and gears. Although this is a relatively slow process, this kind of wear will bring about significant changes under the action of a long time. In particular, some harder abrasive particles entering the tooth surface will cause tooth contour wear, which will reduce the transmission accuracy of the part.
2. Tooth surface adhesion: When the wear between the gear and the gear is severe, the high temperature generated between each other will cause the oil film between the two to disappear, and then stick to each other due to the high temperature. , Resulting in unable to move relative to each other, the transmission is invalid at this time.
3. Fatigue pitting: Two gears meshing with each other will produce a lot of contact stress between the two gears during operation. Under periodic motion, the gear will break. Once the crack propagates, the gear will be damaged. Working conditions will be greatly reduced.
4. Gear tooth damage: The gear is composed of many surrounding gear teeth. If one of the gear teeth is damaged, the entire gear will lose its function. The gear teeth may break due to problems such as collision, friction, extrusion, etc.
5. Plastic deformation: If the various parts of the gear do not meet the dimensional accuracy, good operating conditions cannot be guaranteed. And some small plastic deformation may lead to the reduction of the dimensional accuracy of the gear. In a gear transmission system composed of multiple gears, this error will further accumulate.