1. Avoid running the engine for a long time in an unven […]
1. Avoid running the engine for a long time in an unventilated garage. The exhaust gas from the engine contains carbon monoxide, which is a poisonous gas that is invisible and inaudible. Long-term exposure to low-concentration carbon monoxide gas can cause headaches, shortness of breath, nausea and vomiting, weakness and dizziness, mental confusion and even brain damage. If you start the engine in the garage, you should open the door of the garage or open the exhaust device so that the exhaust gas can be discharged from the garage at any time. Even when working in the open, do not stay for a long time near the exhaust pipe of the working engine.
2. Avoid using mouth suction pipe. Gasoline is not only flammable and explosive, but also toxic. In particular, leaded gasoline can damage the human nervous system, digestive tract and kidneys. In addition, gasoline also contains a high concentration of sulfide. Because hydrogen sulfide is also toxic, if gasoline is inhaled into the stomach, it will cause poisoning or death. In case of inhalation, force yourself to vomit and go to the hospital for treatment in time.
3. Avoid getting carburetor cleaning agent. Most carburetor cleaners contain methyl chloride, aromatics and ethanol. These substances have certain toxicity. Therefore, these substances are very dangerous if they are inhaled into the nose or splashed on the skin and eyes.
4. avoid mechanical damage. The maintenance of a car is related to all aspects. When performing maintenance operations, clear operation signs should be set to prevent other people from being injured by misoperation. When starting the car, pay attention to the gear position of the transmission to prevent the car from accidentally moving and hurting people. When working under the hood, let other people leave the cab to prevent the sudden rotation of the engine or the action of other people's control mechanisms, which may cause accidental injury. If you need to work under the car, you should set up obvious signs and cover the car with a car cover. When using a jack to support the truck, the jack should be placed steadily. Before driving, you should prepare driving tools (driving stool). It is forbidden to use fragile objects such as bricks. When installing the assembly, never try to test the screw holes, key holes, etc. with your hands to avoid breaking your fingers. When testing the engine, do not work under the vehicle.
5. Avoid fire. When maintaining a car, it is often necessary to use flammable and explosive materials such as oil and cleaning agents. Don't forget fire-fighting measures at this time, and prepare a fire extinguisher just in case. Do not smoke near the fuel tank and battery, because the combustible gas escaping from the fuel tank and the hydrogen escaping from the battery are easily ignited.
6. Avoid burns. The engine that has just stalled, because the temperature of the engine's components (water tank, exhaust pipe, power steering fluid tank, spark plug, etc.) is relatively high, you must be careful to touch it to prevent burns. If the engine temperature is high, never remove the water tank cap or release the water switch to prevent burns.